Saturday 22 September 2012

Willys Jeep3



In all honestly, I'm quite disappointed with this design. The initial sketches and mini brief I gave myself were for a totally utilitarian vehicle: four off-road tyres, two hard and uncomfortable seats, a dashboard with just a tacho and somewhere for the key to go in, and a loading bed for tents or barrels... or machine guns if the army want it back!

This has turned into a big fat off roader with leather seats... and seatbelts!
Here's the old one too, I kept this close by so I didn't stray too far (didn't work as well as I'd hoped)
Because it's not what I had initially wanted I'm not fond of the design on most levels. The grille is too overpowering and the car is too short: in this state, I think it is too similar to the Jeep Wrangler or the Land Rover Defender. This should be totally unique, maybe I should have a little revision, and roughen it up around the edges a little. Or, at a stretch, it could always be a Wrangler variant? Barely seems worth it in that case.

No comments:

Post a Comment